Taran Adarsh recently tweeted an updated box office collection of the film ’Thugs of Hindostan’ so far. Amir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan’s film was described as a debacle by him. Their big Diwali release managed to collect Rs. 140.40 crore in eight days. It also included collection from Telugu and Tamil versions of the film.
#ThugsOfHindostan is a DEBACLE... Did 37.61% of its *extended Week 1 biz* on Day 1 itself, while the remainder 62.39% was done from Day 2 to Day 8 [seven days]... Weekend 2 will give an idea of its *lifetime biz*, but the *Hindi version* will fold up around ? 150 cr [+/-].— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) November 16, 2018
#ThugsOfHindostan - #Hindi: Thu 50.75 cr, Fri 28.25 cr, Sat 22.75 cr, Sun 17.25 cr, Mon 5.50 cr, Tue 4.35 cr, Wed 3.50 cr, Thu 2.60 cr. Total: ? 134.95 cr. India biz... #Hindi + #Tamil + #Telugu total: ? 140.40 cr.— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) November 16, 2018
Note: #Tamil + #Telugu day-wise data in next tweet. #TOH
Taran Adarsh wrote, “Thugs Of Hindostan is a debacle. Did 37.61% of its extended Week one business on Day 1 itself, while the remainder 62.39% was done from Day 2 to Day 8 (seven days).Weekend 2 will give an idea of its lifetime business, but the Hindi version will fold up around Rs. 150 crore. Thugs Of Hindostan (Hindi): Thursday Rs. 50.75 crore, Friday Rs. 28.25 crore, Saturday Rs. 22.75 crore, Sunday Rs. 17.25 crore, Monday Rs. 5.50 crore, Tuesday Rs. 4.35 crore, Wednesday Rs. 3.50 crore, Thursday Rs. 2.60 crore. Total: Rs. 134.95 crore.”
Poor reviews were released for ’Thugs of Hindostan’ which also starred Katrina Kaif and Fatima Sana Shaikh. In an NDTV review, critic Saibal Chatterjee gave 2.5 stars out of 5 stars and said, “"Big, bloated, bombastic, Thugs Of Hindostan is a period saga that banks solely upon action and spectacle for impact. It might entertain large swathes of the audience, but it is ultimately too tacky and unconvincing to lay legitimate claims to being India’s answer to Pirates Of The Caribbean. It isn’t even a poor copy.”