Millennials and probably the previous generations have never witnessed anything like Coronavirus before. Flus came and went but we kept going on. Now that coronavirus has temporarily put this world on a halt, we can take out some time for ourselves. We have some easy to follow skincare tips for your quarantine time.
Summer is here and acne is one the chief problems both men and women face. The first step should always be consulting a dermatologist who will assess your hormone levels, skin type and body constitution before suggesting anything. Make a call to your skin specialist and seek professional advice.
• While that is not possible during the lockdown, some other remedies which can prove effective include- cucumber and Multani Mitti. Mixing Multani Mitti with cucumber shreds and applying twice a week can help you in reducing acne to some extent.
• Another fighter is your herbal facewash. Washing face twice a day with face wash and 2-3 times with plain water can help in reducing oil from your pores and deep cleanse them.
• Don’t use a scrub as it will only burst the acne, pain you and leave marks behind.
• Use a scrub only if you have an oily skin and massage gently because you don’t want white marks of dryness.
Not matter what the shade of our skin is, we all want it to glow and be radiant. Vitamin C sources like lemon and orange peel work to hydrate skin and remove excess dirt. While water is essential, sleep and exercise allow your cells to work on repairing the skin.
Exercise maintains optimum hormone levels which prevent oiliness and acne. Working out brings a natural glow to skin and you won’t have difficulty in overcoming puffy face. Proper sleep with 8 hours in bed helps in giving a smooth texture to your skin along with getting rid of dark circles. Doing breathing exercises channels the flow of oxygen to your face, giving you a natural blush.
A Fuller’s Earth stone is one of the best mud masks you’ll get. No more chemicals; sulphates and parabens found in cosmetics are very harmful for skin. Known commonly as ‘Multani Mitti’, it is like a facial mask which will deeply clean your pores, removes oil, is cost efficient and doesn’t have any known side effects. People with dry skin are advised to not use it much.
Bricks of this mud are also available try to get those if you can, if by any chance you don’t get that buy a packet from the market. Get one which has minimum number of other ingredients mixed.
• Sift some Fuller’s Earth into a bowl while making sure there are no stones in it.
• Add some rosewater and you are good to go.
• Allow it to stay till dry and remove by wetting your face and gently massaging in an anti-clockwise direction.
• Dab with a towel soaked in cold water till the entire pack is out of your face. Try it and the results might surprise you.
Honey is a natural moisturizer which removes dryness, counters dead skin, brings freshness to face while giving tour skin a smooth texture. It is a hydrant which keeps wrinkles away. Honey is an anti- inflammatory product which removes bacteria too! Dry skin mainly results from clogged pores and honey acts as a catalyst in opening them which brings forth radiance.
It will cure skin flakes as well. To use it simply apply raw honey and allow it to sit for half an hour. You can also mix it with lemon and create a cleansing facewash you can use thrice a week.
We are not stuck at home; we are safe at home. Ladies and gentlemen use this time to pamper yourself a little as a small break never hurt anyone!